Some cookies are necessary for maintaining basic operations on our website and services and are therefore not optional.
Other cookies are used to help us understand how users interact with the website, in order to improve and develop the experience on our website. These cookies are optional.
Content of necessary cookies
The cookies used for logging in can be linked to you as an individual in the UiO systems while you are logged in. Other cookies (e.g. language preferences) are stored in the browser, but do no contain personally identifiable information.
Statistics and analysis: Google Analytics 4
As long as you can be identified through the data material we collect, you have some statutory rights. You have a right to know:
- why we process your personal data
- what personal data we process about you (Right of access)
- how long the personal data will be stored
In addition, you have the right to:
- withdraw a given consent
- correct, add or delete personal data that is wrong, or that is no longer lawful to process
- restriction of processing
- data portability, meaning that if we process data on the foundation of having consent or a contract, you can ask us to transfer your persona data to you or another data controller
- protest if you disagree with our collection of your personal data if we process your data on the foundation of fulfilling our tasks or a balance of interests
If you believe we have processed your personal data in an unlawful way, or if you believe we have not fulfilled your rights, you have the right to submit a complaint about the process. If we do not accept your complaint, you have the right to submit the complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
Contact our Data Protection Officer if you want to submit a complaint about the process or if you want to exercise your rights.
Contact us with any questions
Data Protection Officer
Data processing responsibility
The University of Oslo (UiO) is responsible for the processing of data laid out in this policy. If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us via this email: email@example.com.